Thursday, August 5, 2010

$2 Thrift Store Shelf makeover

I finished up my $2 shelf last night and got it put in it's new {temporary} home. It's cute, but if it stays in the main living area of our house then it might need some beadboard... or something. It was really a very straightforward project. Sand, add shelf, sand more, prime, sand, paint, sand, add some feet, and paint. It's a great grey color that is almost black but not quite. I'm thinking it might get some beadboard panels(especially a back) and go live in the girl's room for toys? Or maybe in Micah's office for books.

Before(ugly, no shelf, no feet but nice sturdy bones)-


After-






































I'm joining the before and after party at ThriftyDecorChick!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting about my bathroom makeover. I love new visitors! I look forward to reading more about your thrift store finds

    ReplyDelete